November 8, 2011

Deer me.

I mentioned in my previous post that I like to learn, and let me tell you, running for council (to say nothing, I'm sure, of actually being on council) necessitates a good amount of learning. At times an intimidating amount, I dare say. I have a list a mile long of issues that I think I should probably know something about as a candidate, and the more people I talk to during my campaign, the longer it gets. Yikes.

Somewhat predictably, though, the issue I've been asked about most frequently so far is Kimberley's urban deer situation, and so in the inaugural entry on my Issues page, I've given some thoughts on where we are and where we're going deer-wise.

(In case you're wondering what else is on my list, here's a sampling: the Sun Mine project; economic development; volunteerism; municipal taxes, debt and spending; air quality; Kimberley's changing demographics; and on, and on....

If there's something you think should be on my list, or if you have any thoughts or questions to share, please contact me. And stay tuned for further updates to the Issues page.)

No comments: